- 20th Century American Leaders Database
Short profiles of 1,000 CEOs and founds of US-based companies. Advanced search features allows for searching by various characteristics such as gender or industry. Available in an Excel format.
- Bay Area Council Economic Institute - analyses on key issues affecting the Bay Area economy
Browse the publications of the Bay Area Council Economic Institute, a public-private partnership of business, labor, government and higher education, that works to support the economic vitality and competitiveness of California and the Bay Area. Through its economic and policy research and partnerships, the Economic Institute addresses major issues impacting the competitiveness, economic development and quality of life of the region and the state, including infrastructure, globalization, science and technology, and governance.
- BEA: Regional Economic Accounts
GDP, personal income and employment statistics for US states are featured. Includes the ability to create interactive charts, graphs, tables and maps on any data points you choose.
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Business and Economy in the Yahoo! Directory
- Business Resources, Advice and Forms for Large and Small Businesses
Good site for small business information. Includes blogs and other advice.
- Census Bureau
- Chronology of Money Timeline - Monetary History from Ancient Times to Present Day
- CNNMoney - Business and Financial News
- Currency Converter
- Economic Indicators, US Census Bureau
- Federal Reserve Districts and Banks
- Foreign Trade, US Census Bureau
From the Foreign Trade Division of the U.S. Census Bureau, this site offers a monthly report on U.S. international trade, going back to 1994 as well as a number of other reports related to U.S. trade with foreign countries; a Guide to Foreign Trade Statistics; a variety of trade-related codes (such as the Schedule B codes for exports and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) codes for imports); and information on using the Automated Expert System (AES) for electronic filing of the Shipper's Export Declaration. Users can browse or search by keyword.
- globalEDGE - Your Source for Global Business Knowledge
- Job Tracker
- McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought
- Morningstar Stock, Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund, ETF Investment Research
- North Bay Business Journal
- Open Directory Project - Business
- Prendismo™ | Enabling organizations to harness the insights ...
Large selection of videos on business topics.
- Professor Ian Giddy's Finance Resources on the Web
From a business professor at New York University, this site offers links to sites which cover general finance and the economy, financial markets, how to research companies and funds, investing, corporate finance, risk management, and international finance. (NOTE: Scroll down the page for these topics. Links at the top of the page are to course descriptions for Professor Giddy's courses at NYU.) Links are also provided to websites of relevant newspapers and magazines, government resources and financial associations. The On-Line Learning section links to books and courses on financial topics.
- The Fortune 500 and Breaking Business News
- U.S. National Debt Clock
Gives an up-to-the-second display of the outstanding public debt and each citizen's share of the debt, as well as links to news items about the debt. The FAQ explains the difference between the national debt and the deficit, shows how the debt has grown since 1940 and outlines to whom the debt is owed. Also links to the U.S. Treasury Department and its Bureau of Public Debt.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- US Census Bureau Business & Industry
- US Census Bureau Economic Indicators
- US Credit Conditions - Loan Delinquencies -Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Interactive maps display mortgage delinquency rates as well as delinquency rates for auto loans, bank cards and students loans, which can be saved in jpg or PDF formats.
- US GPO Access: Economic Indicators
- US Patent and Trademark Office
Searchable patent database
- US Securities and Exchange Commission Filings
- Yahoo! Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News