- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
The pathways to teaching in California.
- California Department of Education
The core purpose of the California Department of Education is to lead and support the continuous improvement of student achievement, with a specific focus on closing achievement gaps.
- California Education Code
- California Homeschool Network
- Clearinghouse on Early Education and Parenting
The Clearinghouse on Early Education and Parenting (CEEP) is part of the the Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. CEEP provides publications and information to the worldwide early childhood and parenting communities.
- Digest of Education Statistics
A compilation of statistical information covering the broad field of American education from pre-kindergarten through graduate school.
- Foundation for Critical Thinking
Books, conferences and academic resources for educators and students.
- International Bureau of Education
The International Bureau of Education (IBE) is the UNESCO institute specializing in educational contents, methods and structures. Its overall mission is to contribute to the attainment of quality Education for All (EFA).
- K-12 Education & Learning Innovations with Proven Strategies that Work | Edutopia
Empowering and connecting teachers, administrators, and parents with innovative solutions and resources to better education.
- Mapping the Measure of America
Created by the Human Development Project this site uses three major factors: health, education and income to measure the well-being of America. A tutorial helps explain how to interpret, create and download charts and graphs from the site.
- Measuring Up 2008
Since 2000, the Measuring Up report cards have evaluated the progress of the nation and all 50 states in providing Americans with education and training beyond high school through the bachelor’s degree.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education
- New Teacher Resources | Scholastic.com
Lesson plans, resources, tools and tips for new teachers.
- Sonoma County Office of Education
- TEACH California
A one-stop information and referral service for individuals considering or pursuing teaching careers in California.
- The Condition of Education
This Web site is an integrated collection of the indicators and analyses published in The Condition of Education 2000–2009.
- The New Teacher Project
Founded by teachers, The New Teacher Project was formed to address the growing issues of teacher shortages and teacher quality throughout the country. TNTP has launched projects to bring new streams of accomplished individuals into hard-to-staff urban schools.
- U.S. Department of Education
- University and College Search - BrainTrack
- University of California Television
High quality, in-depth television that brings to life the tremendous range of knowledge, culture and dialogue generated on the University of California's diverse campuses.
- US Network for Education Information (USNEI)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- California State University System
- California Virtual Campus
- CampusTours: Virtual College Tours & Interactive Campus Maps
- College Board
College search, scholarships, and college admissions requirements information
- College Navigator - National Center for Education Statistics
Provides very basic information about U.S. colleges and universities--Types of financial aid available at each institution, degrees and certificates offered, costs for tuition, fees, books & housing, statistics on enrollment, degrees offered, graduation rates, contact information and more. If you're trying to select a school, you can search for institutions which meet certain specifications (e.g. 4-year public institution with no more than 10,000 students, located not more than 75 miles from the 95401 zip code, with a degree program in computer support services).
- College Rankings
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Higher Education Career Training: Universities Colleges Education Accredited Online Universities
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- Peterson's Guide
Search for colleges and universities, graduate schools and other specialized academic programs
- Sallie Mae: Private Student Loans, Federal Student Loans, Private College Loans
- Sonoma State University
- SRJC Articulation Agreements
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- US Community Colleges, by State
- Welcome to ASSIST
ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.
- Yahoo! Education
- A Liberal Professor Fights a Label
Chronicle of Higher Education, November 26, 2004
- Assault on Faculty Heats Up
E-Newsletter of the California Conference of the American Association of University Professors, January, 2005.
- Framing the Debate: It's All GOP
Framing the Debate, by George Lakoff (Article on a related topic, i.e. the importance of language in framing the debate on controversial issues)
- Operation Red Scare Information
Compiled by SRJC Philosophy instructor Michael [Donovan] Aparicio. Offers a chronology of events, links to news stories, comments, blog responses and articles and commentary concerning academic freedom, academic bias and attempts to legislate pedagogy.
- Patrolling Professors' Politics - Archives - The Chronicle of Higher Education
Chronicle of Higher Education, February 13, 2004. (Overview article, several opinion articles and an excerpt from an "Academic Bill of Rights.")
- Response to the Academic Bill of Rights
California Conference of the American Association of University Professors
- SB 5 Legislative History
Official California Legislative Information - Bill Information
- SRJC Board policies pertaining to Academic Freedom
- SRJC Rules & Regulations - Student Grievances / Complaints
- Students For Academic Freedom