- Active Fire Mapping Program
Current large fire mapping provided by the US Forest Service.
- An Atlas of The Universe
This web page is designed to give everyone an idea of what our universe actually looks like. There are nine main maps on this web page, each one approximately ten times the scale of the previous one. The first map shows the nearest stars and then the other maps slowly expand out until we have reached the scale of the entire visible universe.
- Camping, Hiking, Mountain Bikes & Biking | Outdoors on Trails.com
- CIA - The World Factbook - Regional Maps
- David Rumsey Historical Map Collection
This collection has over 22,000 maps and images online. The collection focuses on rare 18th and 19th century North American and South American maps and other cartographic materials. Historic maps of the World, Europe, Asia, and Africa are also represented.
- Explore the British Library
30,000 treasures from the British Library's collection. Turn pages of an Ethiopian Bible, explore 19th century photography or learn more about "Black Europeans", Henry VIII, ancient maps and more.
- Fire Detection Program - NOAA Satellite Services Division
Analyzed fires and smoke from NOAA satellite services.
- Google Maps
- Mapping the Measure of America
Created by the Human Development Project this site uses three major factors: health, education and income to measure the well-being of America. A tutorial helps explain how to interpret, create and download charts and graphs from the site.
- MapQuest Maps
- MyEnvironment Query | US EPA
Search for environmental information based on ZIP code or city. Displays regulated sites and businesses, detailed air quality information and overall cancer risk from exposure.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - University of Texas
A wide collection of online maps from around the world.
- The Wildland Fire Assesment System (WFAS)
- UNEP: Atlas of Our Changing Environment
Worldwide in scope, this interactive atlas provides images of environmental changes over time, or before and after a major event. Examples include natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions or flooding, urban growth and changes in glaciers as well as various kinds of pollution. Download these free images as TTIFF or JPEG, PowerPoint slides or posters.
- US Credit Conditions - Loan Delinquencies -Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Interactive maps display mortgage delinquency rates as well as delinquency rates for auto loans, bank cards and students loans, which can be saved in jpg or PDF formats.
- US Drought Monitor
US drought information, from a synthesis of multiple indices and impacts that represents a consensus of federal and academic scientists provided through the University of Nebraska.